Monday, September 21, 2009

MY TRIP TO HOBBY LOBBY

Good evening; I hope every one had a wonderful weekend... I finally found where there was a Hobby Lobby near by... I was excited that it was not far at all just about 15.minutes down the road in South Carolina Rock Hill.... It was a really nice one.. looked pretty new... So on Saturday afternoon off we went to check it out... I love road trips,,, don't you;;;;;  I was in craft heaven,,, they had all of their silk flowers and greenery, at 50% off,, boy that was all I needed to see..... I was on the hunt for some beautiful fall flowers to make a wreath for my front door.. They always have such a huge selection of beautiful flowers,, the fall colors were just amazing.. I will show you what I found!!!!!!!!!!!

hobby lobby 001  This was my floor this morning.. now I know they don't look like much, but when I put them all together  they really looked beautiful together,, if I do say so my self.... he he....  I even found a beautiful fall ribbon to make a pretty bow...

hobby lobby 002 All the floral picks were only 3$ after the mark off,, not bad huh......  I love this one with the pumpkin, and berries and the gourd....

hobby lobby 003

Hmmmmm this one did not turn out so good,,,, but the fall leaves  had such great colors of light yellow and brown with some deep red... and they were the soft ones not plastic.... I used just a few of these...

hobby lobby 004

Well don't ya know I just had to have some sparkle in my fall wreath too..... I thought this would just add the somein somein... to my fall decor..... gotta have bling.....

hobby lobby 005

I loved this berries, they were so light weight, they I thought they would drape the grapevine so pretty, and i was so right..... he he   I so smarttttttt....lol;

hobby lobby 006

OK this is my fall Wreath;  What do you think??????  I had so much fun making it,, and putting it all together,,, even Isabella was wanting to help me out,, by eating all the left over's...  don't worry I kept her little tongue off the floor cloth...

hobby lobby 007 And here it is hanging on our front door,, it really stands out with the door being black... I just love it,,, can you love a fall wreath????????  you bet your sweet little pumpkin.... :) 

hobby lobby 008 

hobby lobby 009

hobby lobby 010

Just a few close ups of my creation.... can you tell I am proud of myself....... lol;  see the sparkle on the berries,,, ooooooo ahhhhh   love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hobby lobby 011

I just knew that those berries would drape so pretty on the wreath,,, I just hope some birdies don't find them yummy.... or make a nest in it... how would we get out of our home..... it is the only door..... guess I would have honey bunny jump out the window down on the car below, then,,,,,, oops! sorry I always get carried away,,  Now focus....... 

hobby lobby 012

Sorry for so many photos, but it has been a while since I have made a wreath... I have some that I made back home,, but they could not make the trip..... :(  but on the other hand I can make new ones...:)  so that is OK... Well ladies that is all of the photos I have of my Beautiful Fall Wreath..... I know,,,, don't feel too sad,, I can show more photos of something else next time.... Gosh I hope that won't keep you all from coming back,,,, maybe I shouldn't have said that.... hmmmm. oh well... I have been starting some small projects so I can open my Etsy shop again,, I have some other craft things I have made, just have to get some great photos of them.... I will do a post on them when I get them all done and ready to show,, and let you know my site... so if you want to check it out you can...... I would love to know what you all think of it... your comments really mean so much too me.... you all can be so helpful with things I really don't know much about.... Well I will just say good night now,,,,, I hope you enjoyed my post, and thank you all for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments....   So Until Next Time; God Bless;

Hugs;

Alaura

15 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

HI Alaura! Oh, girl with the beautiful name...every time I see it I think how much I love it....

You, my dear, mastered your wreath. It's just lovely...and makes your door look so festive and pretty. Great job! I am IMPRESSED and inspired.

Have a wonderful week.

Blessings and hugs,
Spencer

PS....I'm totally envious about your Hobby Lobby. None here in the Northwest.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You did a really nice job with your wreath! Its a great way to save too because the last time I went wreath shopping I thought I should buy stock in them....wow! I made mine last year too because of it.

Happy to see some exciting fall things...I have been sad to see summer go...so trying to find things to brighten my day. :0)

Vicki said...

Oh, Alaura, I love that beautiful wreath. The ribbon you used just topped it off perfectly. You are a talented gal! And, what a bargain at 50 percent off. Thank you so much for stopping by Bunny Cottage. Sending autumn blessings your way. Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hi Alaura! Oh, I love your beautiful wreath you made! I love those berries too and how you made them swirl around! You did so well on this and yes, it looks fabulous on your pretty door! Happy Fall!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Abatevintage said...

Alaura, you did a wonderful job, that wreath is beautiful. I loved Hobby Lobby when I lived in Enid, Ok. We don't have any out here in AZ. but its fun to shop there. I really love your wreath great job.

Have a great week.

Blessings,
Heidi

Unknown said...

Alaura, your wreath is so beautiful! I love the way you draped the berries over the top! Girl got some skills! ;)

I so miss Hobby Lobby! We don't have one in the SF bay area. When I lived in TX, they knew me by name! I was always there!

So glad you found one near you!

Thanks so much for your wonderful support and sweet comments!

xoxo
Tina

Catharina Maria said...

I love it , are that pepper-berries the little ones ??
Love Rini

Vanessa Greenway said...

Awww! You're so talented! The wreath is looking great!! "Gourdeous"!!! Wishing you a blessed day! Hugs, Vanessa

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Rini yes they are pepper berries, but fake ones with some sparkle on them.... I just love how they look on the wreath... thanks for the sweet comment..

Hugs;
Alaura

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Alaura,
I love, love your fall wreath! It's beautiful and so festive. (It would look pretty on my front door too)
We do not have a Hobby Lobby in Modest Ca. I wish we did, I think I would be there every payday.
You are welcome to visit me anytime. I wish we lived close, we could spend a weekend crafting. Who knows maybe one day,
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Nancy said...

Oh, Hobby Lobby...I miss that and Texas! Very nicely done wreath for your door!

Neabear said...

We don't have a Hobby Lobby out here. I wish we did though. Your wreath turned out great. Looks wonderful on the dark door. And it does sparkle too. Lovely!!

Lori said...

Oh what a welcome home and to autumn, fab job, Lori

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I loooove my Hobby Lobby...always print out a coupon on line for 40% off!!! Your wreath is awesome...HAPPY FALL!

Blessings,
Linda

Barbara Jean said...

Cute Fall wreath.

Going off to take a look around. =0))
Thanks for coming by.
blessing
barbara jean