Monday, August 25, 2008

MONDAY ANOTHER NEW WEEK

 

Forest

Good Evening dear ones. I hope every one had a wonderful weekend. Ours was not too bad, I am feeling better today so thank you all for your well wishes, they seem to have worked.  :]

On Saturday we went to our second oldest daughter's house for dinner, and so hubby could fix her computer. I did not know how well she can cook, not I thought I could cook, but she takes the cake. She had a huge port roast wrapped with bacon and stuffed with dressing, and seasoned just right. She them roasted some fresh green beans and asparagus. It was the best dinner I ever ate. I feel like a complete boob next to her cooking. I really need to refresh my cooking skills. For desert she made huge chocolate brownies. I am still full from dinner. ha ha  It was so nice to just sit and let someone else do the cooking and cleaning. I did not know what to do with my self. So I played with my three grand daughters, My munchkin my peanut, and my monkey. Libby, Hayley, and Regan.  I have nick names for all  11 of my grand babies. It is so hard to get the right name with the right kid, sometimes it drives me nuts. So the nick names seem to work well not sure why,  hmmmmm.   When we left to come home my little peanut was so upset that she could not go with mamaw and papaw, I had to hurry and leave or I would cry, she was that upset. I felt so bad we had to say no, so this coming weekend which is her Birthday, she is staying the night with us and her big sister, on Sunday afternoon we are taking her out for her B-Day to Toys R Us. she will love it. Then to dinner, we have so many babies that it is easier to do it this way, then we can spend more one on one time with them. It makes them feel special. I like at, every one should feel special at one time or another.

Today was my day off work, but I still had to work, now why is that ladies when we get a day off work we still have to work. Clean house laundry dishes some gardening. well I don't call the last one work I do like that.  So it really did not seem like a day off to me, shopping for food doing some weeding washing my bedding and making the bed, dishes then I had to clean up the mess I made in my craft studio. Then it was time for supper. And tomorrow I have to go to work.  Now I don't mean this in a bad way, but when my hubby comes home from work he is in his chair with his feet up while I serve his supper, the take his plate, all the while he is sitting in his chair. I do love him to death, and he is a good man, but hey;;;;;;;; come on now, a little help would not kill him know what I mean.........   ok enough of my venting...  ha ha

I really do love taking care of my home and husband, and kids and grandkids and my doggie. Oh speaking of our doggie's we only have one now, Sissybell is no longer with us. My Sister changed her mind and wanted her back, it broke my hubbys heart he really fell in love with her, and poor Isobella  she is so lonely with out her, I feel so bad for her when I have to go to work. She sometimes gets depressed, I worry about her. I am kind of upset with my Sister she said she would never change her mind, and then out of the blue she called me at work and wanted to take her back, she did not even wait so we could say good bye, came and picked up my house keys and went and got her. So we are so missing our sissybell so much. 

 

DSCF0031  

So my sweet Sissy bell you will always have a place in our hearts.

Well this is turning out to be a very long post, so I will say good bye to all my sweet dear friends.  I also want to thank every one who left such great comments. I so love to read what you have to say about my  blabbing,  so I thank you.

God Bless;

Hugs;

Alaura

15 comments:

Dawn said...

It always seems like you work harder on your day off trying to make up for the time you are at work. Rich comes home, showers and sits on the couch watching TV. I tell him all the time that if he is looking for something to get me that I would like a wife of my own! LOL! He is good about doing the dishes though when I cook. That is the chore I hate the most. (We don't have a dishwasher!).

I'm glad you get that special time with your grandchildren. You are good to them. :) :)

I'm also sorry about the dog leaving. I can see how it can break your heart? Do you think it broke your sister's to give her to you? Maybe you can set up play dates LOL!

Have a good day at work tomorrow.

take care,
Dawn

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Alaura,

You sounds like a wonderful grandma! My daddy does the same thing with his grandkids (give them all nicknames!) I think it's great! I look forward to the day I get to be a Grammy! (not that Ii'm hurring my 19 year old son...it's just that I hear that's why their called "grand" kids!) :)

So sorry about Sissy! I know you must miss her so much!

Try not to work TOO hard! Relax a little!

Take care,
Tammy

Connie said...

I LOVE mondays!!!! That's the best day of the week I think, sweetpea.
Smoochies,
Connie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Sounds like a wonderful dinner!
Penny

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for Isobella. Maybe your sister will change her mind again and you will get Sissybelle back. I hope so! D~~~~

Anonymous said...

What a nice time and great delicious time with your daughter! Doesn't that make you proud to know how's she's learning and growing? I'm so sorry about your dog, and poor little Isobella. Give her lots of hugs!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Women always have double the workload of men. Sometimes the men have it harder phycially, but women do it ALL! LOL!
Sorry about your sis taking the dog back. That wasn't nice, but maybe she missed her a lot more than she thought she would. Still, I think she should have handled it differently.
Have a blessed day!

SmilingSally said...

What a treat to have your daughter spoil you like that.

Grandkids are more enjoyable when they are one at a time.

It's something how quickly and deeply you can love a dog.

Catherine Holman said...

I know how you feel. I also think the older I get, the harder I work and the more there is to get done. How did I ever do this with small children? My husband is very helpful though and I'm truly thankful for that. Glad you are feeling better!
Hugs,
Cathie

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous dinner. I hate that Sissybell had to go back to your sister...I know everyone is missing her....it is soooo easy to get attached to little animals.

Glad you are feeling better.

Jill said...

You stated it pefectly...why get another job? I already have one!

I have been tossing the idea around about going to work full-tiime, but thankfully I always seem to talk myself out of it! Right now I am planning on being a career substitute teacher...work every now and then and hopefully never bring work home to my other place of work ;O)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the grandbabies!

~Jill

shabbyfufu said...

What a great post Alaura, dinner sounded fabulous and all of those grandchildren......oh my! ~XO~ Janet

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Denise Nantasket Beach Mass.

Just A Girl said...

Amen to what Dawn said. Days off are really just days to work on tings you don't have time to get done durin the week. It is never ending!
Oh, Alaura, how horrible about your little sissybelle. Hopefully your sister is close by so you can visit often. So sad!

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Alaura! Your daughter's dinner sounds soooo yummy! I need to brush up on my cooking skills too! I hope you have a wonderful time with the grandkids this weekend! How fun to be able to take them to Toys R Us!

Your poor doggy, I hope she gets happy again soon...hubby too! It must be quiet without the other doggy!

Have a great night!
Kim