Monday, July 12, 2010

HELLO FELLOW BLOGGERS; I AM STILL AROUND;

image

Sorry for being a bad blogger,,, but sometimes live and summer just gets in the way of blogging….. I am back in Indiana for a little vacation,,, getting some family time,, while my DH is holding down the fort back home in N.C.  not sure how long I will be here,,, but I do have so much to keep my busy,,,,, our Son rents the house from us,,, but he really needs to learn how to pull weeds,,, he is good at keeping the yard mowed,,, but the weeds……  WOW WEEEEEEEEEE!!!  they took over… I was so not happy when we pulled in to our drive way…. it is going to take me forever to get it all back to where I had it in the earl Spring…. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh  boys,,, what can ya do with’em….  beat him with a stick!!!    ( ok maybe not that)… but I could….lol

  I have been doing a little bit each day,,, it is pretty hot and humid back here too,, so I don’t stay out side too much…   Our grandbabies are getting so big,, I can’t believe how fast they are growing….  and four of our grand girls are in cheer leading,,, they are so darn cute,,, oh and one is in the Pom Pom Squad,, they are so loving it.. I was able to go to one of the practice's  they are all so good,,,, well except for our youngest Maddy,,,, she is still shy and does not do much but she is fun and cute to watch…….  I took some photos and will get them on here for you all to see,   

A few weeks ago I was having a awful time with my computer,,,, I could not do any posts at all,, it was driving me nuts,,, so that is one of the other reasons I have not posted,,,,,, darn thing…. but finally Hubby got me all fixed up…. yeah…..  he is so darn handy to have around.   I do have a few photos to show you all,,, they are of our home back in Charlotte. I went shopping at Marshalls, and found some really get pretties for the dinning area…. so here they are..

Marchells 008 

I found these napkins and fell in love with them,, I love love the colors,,,, I like to put two different ones together,,,,, the colors are so yummy…….

Marchells 009 

Such pretty detail on the edge of the off white ones,,,,. don’t love it………………………………..

Marchells 010

close up of the floral ones,,,, so so lovely…..

Marchells 011

Then I spied these little lovelies…. off white oval place mats,,, the quilting is do amazing,,,, I only bought two,,,,,,   I don’t know why I only bought two,,,,,, but I have to go and get two more,,,,, hope they have them…..

Marchells 013

Wish I could quilt like that,,, so tiny and what a pretty pattern….

Marchells 014

OH my My Beautiful round table cloth,,,,, OH this I was just so in love with,,,, I went nuts in that store,,,,,, I almost hyperventilated right then and there,,,, poor honey,, good thing he had a paper bag with him…..

Marchells 015 

Love the Roses**********************************

Marchells 016

I then spied this little pretty,,,,,, it is a cut work square table cloth,,, in off white,,, oh be still my Heart……..  this is just perfect for my round end table,,,, oh I can’t wait to get it on the table…… she will be just so beautiful…… ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Marchells 017

OH just take a look at the sweet little corners  with all the pretty cut work…. ooooooooooooooooooooooo  I am just so excited…….   can you tell?????????

Marchells 022

OK here is our little dinning area,,, how pretty and cozy it is….. and the new cloth colors match my salt and pepper shakers I won in a give away….. and the bird cadge…….

Marchells 023

Marchells 024

OH look!!!!  they were meant for each other,,,,,,,, just amazing……

Marchells 030

Since I did not have any napkin rings,, I had some seam binding,,,, so  I  used it and made tiny little bows to hold them together… I think it looks pretty good,,, don’t ya think……  use what ya do have…… that is what I say……………….. OH you too………………..

Marchells 031

They look to pretty too use,,,,, hehehehehe.. I just love how it all turned out… I love love that store,, I could go nuts in there…… I really could….   OK I already did,,,, good thing Hubby was there to keep and eye on me and stuff that bag over my mouth when I needed it….lol

Marchells 025

And last but not least,,,,,,, my round table,, with her new table cloth… how pretty she looks…… she was so happy to have a new dress…… it had been a while since she had one…. poor thing……

Marchells 026

It is just the perfect size for her too,,,,, you should see her twirl…. wow……  oops,,,, have I gone too far………  heheh sorry,,, It has been awhile since I posted I am getting carried away….  I really have missed you all very much,,,, your stopping by and leaving me such wonderful comments,,, I hope I can get my blogging back in line again.. I have been popping by yours to see what you all have been doing,,,,,,,  I hope you enjoyed my post,,,,,,, and my photos,,,, I want to thank you for not forgetting me,,, first of all….hehehe and second for taking the time to stop by and read my post….and leave me with such lovely comments… You are all just the best…  So until next time;   God Bless;

Hugs;

Alaura

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alaura! Oh, it's so good to see you posting! I've missed you!
Oh, I'm sorry about the weeds! Don't get too hot!
Now I love your new treasures and you're so right, your salt and peppers look like they were meant for your new tablecoth and napkins!
So glad to hear from you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I love all those things!!That table cloth the napkins, the placemats they are all so lovely!!
i love things like that and slo fun to work with them!!!
NO worries on the blogging absence, I have been a very absent blogger too!!Life is so much fun being active and doing things and sometimes they comments can be so complicated, so I just turn the computer off and Live the day and have fun!!
enjoy everything
hugs,
jamie

Unknown said...

Hi, love your beautiful tablecloths, and the placemats, fantastic!

Hugs
Charo

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Alaura,
Wow you did find some pretties. I love it when everything comes together!. Weeds are not nice and they sure can take over quickly. We just had 13 tons of river rock put in our back yard all around the pool and grass area... We have plants too, but the rock is really going to keep the weeds away...
Your family is keeping busy this summer, thats good. Kids need to get out and play. My grandkids like to play to many video games. LOL. We didn't know what those were when I was a kid... soooooo long a ago... LOL
Have a sweet day, hugs Elizabeth

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Alaura Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful share. I am so happy to see you posting. Pulling weeds? Did you get some before and after pics so that the Son is reminded of what it is NOT supposed to look like? Don't ya love it?

I can't wait to see pictures of the grand daughters and their cheering. It is such a competitive field now. Some of their throws scare me horribly.

I love your treasures that you brought home, and that tablecloth looks as though it was meant to be. Goes perfectly with your other accessories. I love the birdcage sitting there. And your idea of the ties. I love using bias tape for so many things. I never pass it up when it is clearanced or at the thrifts. It always comes in handy.

I'll be watching for picture shares sweetie. Have a beautiful day and welcome back. I have missed you.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Donna said...

You found such pretty things! I love to find those sweet little touches. You should come see me. We have the most amazing outlet here in town that sells...placemats, napkins, table cloths, curtains...such pretty stuff. I will furnish the bag!

Vicki said...

Hi, Alaura,
I am glad to see you back with us. Continue to enjoy your stay in Indiana with your loved ones. I adore all of the beautiful linens you found. Your dining room table is so charming!! Love everything about it! I also love the white cutwork cloth on your round lamp table. Thank you for coming by for a visit. It is always a pleasure to hear from you. Sending love and hugs to you~ Vicki