Thursday, July 15, 2010

LOOK AT WHAT I MADE,,,, WITH MY OWN LITTLE HANDS………………………

Good evening dear friends;  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Thursday.  Here in Indiana it has been very warm,,, and humid in the mid 90’s I thought I left that back in N.C. guess I packed it by mistake….lol; We did have a nice thunderstorm this afternoon,,,, I was out trimming the front yard trees,,, listening to the thunder roll in,,,,, loved it,,then the wind picked up and that was even better…. I did get my three trees trimmed done before the lighten paid a visit.  So I decided to sit on our covered patio and watch the rain fall and the thunder roll…. loved it…  Ok that was my day,,,, so let’s go back in the future a bit and see what I was working on shall we***********  so please step in side the way back machine,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please keep your arms and legs in at all times,,,, we would not want to leave any thing behind,,,,,,lol  OK here goooooooooooo

Libby Pompoms 001 

I bought this white Styrofoam ball a rather large one,,, and was not sure what I was going to do with it,,,,, until I found a huge bag of shells at  where else Marshalls,,,, all through blog land and in magazines I have seen these shell balls,, and I thought to myself,,,,,, self,,, you can do this… So I gathered all my goodies together and got out my glue gun and started gluing,,,, oh and yes I did burn my little fingers,,,, but that is the price one pays for creativity…… Am I right girls*******    so in the photo above is the start of it all. I set it on a flower bowl to keep it still,,,,,,

 Libby Pompoms 003 

I went and brought out my boxes of pretties to put in here and there for a little different look,,, can you see my little silver bell……. jingle,,, jingle……. hehehe

Libby Pompoms 002

photo (8)

And this is the finished project……. now when I started this I did not realize just how big this ball was,,,,, until I finished gluing all the shells and things on……. wow it is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It is like when you get a fresh Christmas tree from a tree farm,, and you say  boy it looks kind of small,,,,,,,, thennnnnnnnnnnn you take it home an it explodes all over your living room……. well that is my shell ball….. I have it sitting in a med. sized flower pot… but I think it turned out pretty…. and it did not cost me a large kidney.hehehe  I see them for sale an some do cost a lot….. I plan on making some babies for it soon….

OK on the next thing I made,,,,,,,, that is right girls,,, I was being very creative,,, I know it is a shocker  so close up you mouths now……. and lets get on with the rest of my story___________________________

photo (4)

Now I have also seem these sweet pretty tea cup pin cushions all over as well,,, so I said to myself,,,,,, self  you can do this too,,,,, so I found a lonely tea cup and told her I was going to make her look so beautiful,, she was so excited,,,,, she felt so sad that she was the only one with out a saucer,,,,, I told her not to worry,, that when I was done,,, they would all be green with envoy…..

photo (5)

I made the pins that are in it,,, with left over pearl and blings,,,,,, and I used a small round off white doily on top,,,,, andddddddddddddddddddd  yessssssssssssss I made the yellow rose flower,,,,,,,,, yeahhhhhhhhh I was so excited when I finally got it to look like one,,, ya’ll make it look so easy,,, but with my fingers   it is any thing but easy,,,, I am proud of me,,,,,, hehehe

photo (6)

I had some left over wire Pink wire ribbon and some pink and blue ribbon,,, made some bows for the back so she would look beautiful from any why you look at her.. If you look close you can see a black and rhinestone pretty I glued on top of the first bow,,,,, just a little somin somin,,,,,,

photo (7) 

I also had some light peach braded trim I glued around the inside of the cup before I put in the Pink stuffed fabric…. I think she turned out really Pretty for my first time….. Whatch think??????????   how’d I do….

Well that is it now,,, so ladies we are heading back in the way back machine to head back to Indiana,,,, so please as before keep your hands and legs in at all times,, so all of you make it back….. I am not responsible for body parts left behind……  ewwwwww that sounded nasty,,, didn’t it….. sorry…… 

Ok we are back home in Ind. again,,, I want to thank you all for taking the trip with me…. it was fun… I hope you all enjoyed yourselves,, I did…. I thank you all for taking the time to stop by for a visit and for all the kind and sweet comments you leave……

So until next time; God Bless;

Hugs;     Alaura

14 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

How talented you are to make those pretties! I just bought some shells, maybe I should try it!

I have just posted my cloche party designs, please come back to see!

Katherine

stefanie said...

ta da...gorgeous!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thanks for visiting. Believe it or not, I have never seen a shell ball and I love it! It is just gorgeous, and shells are so popular now.

Carol

Rebecca Nelson said...

Girlfriend...you are something else! Aren't you the creative one. I've done little teacups before but not in some time. They were no where nearly as sweet as yours though!

BEAUTIFUL!

xoRebecca

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

I think they are adorable Alaura! I've never seen a seashell ball and I love it!

bj said...

Oh boy...I LOVE your shell ball. I'm pretty sure I might have to make a large one for my sofa table. I've been trying to decide what to put on it for a change...this looks fabulous. I ALWAYS burn my little fingers when I use the glue gun...or the oven...or the iron. My daughter thinks I am accident prone when it comes to heat. Anyway...I want to make a shell ball. Thanks for the inspiration.
I love your little teacup pin cushion, too. :))

Anonymous said...

Hi, Most talented, creative Alaura! Oh, honey, you did good! I love that shell ball! It's gorgeous and I love all the little pieces of shiny you put into it. The little tea cup pin cushion is adorable! You are so wonderful! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love the shell ball you made. What a creative idea.
-Danielle

Unknown said...

We did so enjoy your trip, ty for sharing. What pretty creations, Alaura, I love the pincushion.

Our GIVEAWAY ends Sunday, pop by.
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN~ Marydon

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You did a great job...I especially love the teacup! It is hot here too!! Not too creative right now...but it will come back eventually!!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

The ball turned out pretty nifty! I really think the teacup pin cushion is perfectly pink...

I wish I had more time to do the crafting... someday!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Martha's Favorites said...

Your little hands did very well. I love both items. The are so cute. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Martha

Debra from Bungalow said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and the nice comment!

Love the shell ball thingy :), it's perfect for Summer decor. I love using shells in summer decorating. Very pretty!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How pretty! I burn my fingers with the glue gun all of the time too...