Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WHAT A GREAT TIME AT THE CRAFT SHOW

DSCF0002 

Hello everyone I have to tell you all that I am missing you all very much. I have been having a very busy weekend and week so far. So since I don't have to work tomorrow or be at our fair booth tonight or tomorrow I thought I would take some time a do a post on my craft show trip. I am going to do it in two parts cos it is too long to do in one post. lol. The photo above is where we were going to park, or maybe I should say find some place to park.. smiling alot..   there were cars every where.

DSCF0001

Just another view of the parking lot, but we did fine a good spot to park not to far to walk, which is a good thing.  I could not wait to get in side to feast my eyes on everything. It was not too bad out weather wise, but it did get hot later in the afternoon. So I did have to sit a bit and rest my poor old bones. I know you are all waiting on photos so I won't let you wait any longer.

DSCF0003

 

DSCF0004

Don't you just love they way they dress, all the artists and craft show booths they all wore period clothing.  Some were so wonderful looking.

DSCF0005 

At this one they did some iron work, and wood working. They had some really great looking things.

DSCF0006

 

This gentlemen did some amazing wood work with his hands. I had some really wonderful items. Love the little old lady in the rocker she was so cute.

DSCF0007 

And at this one they were making hammered copper bowls and pots and such. The sound they made while hitting the metal echoed all over the park. They used little hammers too. Love all the copper goodies. Did not buy any thing, I should have.

DSCF0008

And these soldiers were marching all over the park and shooting off their black powder guns, which were very loud. The little kids just loved watching them. They were very good too, in step all the time never missed. I would not have been able to make it in those heavy outfits in the heat.

DSCF0010

And then they were off to march on to another show some where in the park. They had flutes and drums that was it, and boy could they play, wish I could have taped it  so you could hear them.

DSCF0011

Now at this booth they had the most wonderful bird houses, and signs very funny sayings one then.  I did buy a bird house here, I did have a very hard time picking one out. They were all so pretty and different.

DSCF0012

DSCF0055

Here is my cute little bird house, I just love it. It sits on a table by my font door, I will have to take a photo of  it to show off it's new home.

DSCF0057

Don't you just love the little windows. I love bird houses, I want to find some for my back yard. Maybe I should try to make some.

DSCF0017

And just look at all the beautiful Mums so many colors and so pretty, it is like a sea of flowers. This is the other side of the park where all the vendors sell dried flowers and fresh ones. They have fresh fruit and veggies and home made honey bees wax candles.

DSCF0018

I was so loving all the plants and dried pretties, I never seem to have enough money for shows like this one.  I mean they had so many wonderful and interesting things. So much talent in one area.  I hope you are enjoying the photos of the craft show, I am going to save the rest for tomorrow ladies. I am so sorry but I am getting tired and I can't seem to think of what I want to say.

Now that is pretty bad when I can't focus when I am tired. I use to be able to stay up past my bed time and get up early and go to work, then home to play. Now look at me,,,,,   ok don't look at me. lol.  But really I am not making any sense any more, so I will put you out of your misery So tomorrow I will be showing more photos of the craft show. I will be able to write better also. 

I want to thank all of you for your lovely comments  you are the best friends I could hope for.  I will be taking photos of our Free Fall Fair too, so be on the look out for them.  I am sorry for not being able to visit alot of of you and leave you comments lately. I have so many great blogs to visit and read that sometimes I can't make it to every one. But I do try to make a visit to every one every other night. Except this week, but next week I will be back on track, at least I hope so. lol  So to all have a great night.  And a wonderful Wednesday.    God Bless;

Hugs;

Alaura

18 comments:

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hello! I'm glad you had a great time! Those bird house look so cute! Have a nice week! Hugs, Vanessa

Neabear said...

Sounds like you had a great time. That kind of thing is something I would enjoy.

Susie Q said...

Oh what fun! I would have loved it there...thank you for taking us all along! I loved seeing the pictures!

Love,
Sue

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun! I think the birdhouses are so cute...and the mums are beautiful!

santamaker said...

Wow, craft shows have a soft spot in my heart. I started doing them 20 years ago and got addicted! I used to sell wreaths and arrangements and everything in between... I miss those days. This show looks like so much fun. Your bird house is darling.
Be good,
santa

Schotzy said...

Fun time!!! also, I tagged you for an award! Check back at my site! Blessings!
Carolyn

SmilingSally said...

What a great craft fair, with artisans in costume! The bird house is so cute. I would love to grab some of those mums.

trash talk said...

What fun-so American and apple pie.

Unknown said...

Wow it looks like you had a great time I love the birdhouse I can't wait to see more photos

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That looks like a wonderful time! Wow I'm ready to go to something like that!

Tammy

Naturegirl said...

Alaura what a wonderful craft show you show us! All those period clothing brings memories of the places that I visited in Europe a country with so much history!Cars and traffic is horrendous in Rome Florence and Paris..much like the traffic you show us!I would so much have loved to purchase one of those birdhouse as you have! Love it.good choice! a weary traveller..AnnA

shabbyfufu said...

I love all of the Fall color Alaura. Sounds like you had tons o' fun! ~XO~Janet

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I lvoe the period clothing and crafts too! And those mums are so pretty!
I also love your birdhouse!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful craft fair! I would have loved spending the day there.
Penny

Unknown said...

What a wonderful event. I love craft shows. The donations that Morgan Moore collected for this particular fund raiser was initiated in early September, late August. But if you mark her blog as a frequent read, she will probably know of another one coming up soon. You can find her address on my post. Her blog is called One More Moore. Karen

Darlene said...

Oh, I just LOVE craft shows and it looks like that one was great!! I love the bird house you bought and I am sooooo ready to by me some mums for my front porch...those are gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Oh, I just LOVE craft shows and it looks like that one was great!! I love the bird house you bought and I am sooooo ready to by me some mums for my front porch...those are gorgeous!

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a great craft show! I would love to go there. I just adore all the people dressing up. How fun.

Thanks for showing us the pictures.

Your bird house is darling.

Hugs,
Joanne