Wednesday, November 4, 2009

JUST A REMINDER;;;;

image Now I know I don’t need to really remind any of you that it will Thanksgiving,, soon NOT;  Christmas…. But gosh darn it, every where I look or go I see Christmas every where, some store are even decorating all ready…

Now I love Christmas just as much as the next one,, But really let’s give Thanksgiving it due…  So each day I am going to do a post on one thing I am Thankful for,, OK,,,,,,  maybe not every day,, but when I do post that is what it will be…. I want to share all the wonderful things that the Lord has Blessed my family with,, good times and the bad….  I love the photo of that old Tom Turkey…

image

Well I have done some resting up for the next Baby Quilt Project…. Today I got all the fabric cut and marked…. not that was not fun,, trying to remember which fabric went with what plan.. but I did get it done,, and  Yes I did take some photos along the way..  So I hope to be starting to do some sewing on it tomorrow,,, I want to get as much done before we go back home for the Holidays..  I won’t be showing any photos of it until I am done…. Sorry ladies…. it is for a very Sweet and dear Friend of ours whom I won’t reveal until it is all finished… She has a blog and I don’t want her to see it until it is done…..   I love secret's don’t you????????  lol 

  image

Isn’t this a wonderful old Quilting room…..  so that is what I will be doing for a few weeks,, and if you don’t see me that is why….. But I will make time for you all, I so miss every one when I am away too long….  Now tomorrow I am doing a Post Near and Dear To my Heat… It is called  Knit-A-Square.  I have joined this wonderful origination, well a Charity… the ladies I get to take to are just so amazing and giving with their time, talent and the Love of the Lord,, to help out Orphans and ones who are sick… but that is enough about that… So I hope you will stop by tomorrow and read about these beautiful women who Love to help….  Well I am off to see a Dr. I have a med. sized  lump under my left Breast, and he has to come off…. Now not to worry it is nothing bad, I assure you… but Prayers would so be appreciated very much…..  thank you for stopping by for a visit,, I love to see you… and read you kind comments…. (hint) hehe….  So until next time;God Bless.

Hugs;

Alaura 

5 comments:

Abatevintage said...

I hear ya sweety, I am happy that Thanksgiving is coming, but since the loss of my loved one, I really cant look at any holiday the same. I am thankful to have the family that I have left, but Christmas was when we got to see each other, and I would love to have her back in my life once more for Christmas.


Blessings,
Heidi

blushing rose said...

Shoot! They started decorating for Christmas in August here! Yuck!

Good luck on your project. Stay in touch.
TTFN ~ Marydon
PS Don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY in our Nov. 1 post

Anonymous said...

Oh, Alaura, Yes! You're in my prayers. I pray you're back from your doctor's appointment and all went well.
What a wonderful thing to do with the ladies helping others. It's such a joy to be a blessing.
Alaura, you are a blessing to me in more ways than one!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Remembering you in prayer. Hope you have a restful evening.

Rebecca Nelson said...

I hear you loud and clear. Although I'm very excited about Christmas this year (last year wasn't so good as my Grammy passed on 11/29 and my only bro had a kidney removed the week before!). We missed out on everything just having to travel to California from Oklahoma twice in 4 weeks. It was exhausting. My Mr. AGPMan came back home with the flu and for the first time in years our lights didn't get put on our house... We were just too worn out.

As much as I'm looking forward to a wonderful Christmas...it is Thanksgiving that warms my heart. We miss out on the joy by shoving it out of the way before it even arrives. Very sad.

I'm NOT putting my tree up until Turkey day is over. Period!

Hugs~Rebecca