Monday, March 9, 2009

SPRING IS CLOSE AT HAND NOW... YIPPY

Cherry Blossom

Good evening every one; I hope you all had a wonderful day today.  I saw my first Robin today I have been hearing them singing the past couple of days, but have yet to see one, until today. I was so excited when I saw it I almost ran off the road, lol

So  I took a walk around my yard to see if  any of my fall bulbs were sprouting  up, and some of them are.. Yea!!!!!  I have not seen any of my fancy Tulips yet but my  Hyacinths are, I was so happy to see that I did not kill them yet..  They are the deep purple ones.  My bearded Iris are starting to pop up.  So things are looking pretty good so far. I have been thinking of how I want to landscape the front yard, and what to plant. So I have decided that a English Country Garden would look beautiful. So we are going to put up a white picket fence with an arbor, I am planting some Wisteria  there then some more Roses,  Foxgloves and what ever I think of.  We have three trees in the front, so in the middle of them where hardly any grass grows  I want to make a nice seating spot.  With a gravel path that wanders through the yard. Now I know that all of this will take some time, but I can see it all in my head.  I  will make sure I take lots of photos of the process, which will be all done in the next couple of years... lol.  But I am excited about getting started on it. 

Hibiscus flowers

Today my Sweet Daughter Heather lugged her carpet shampoo to my home, and then she cleaned my family room carpet.  How sweet is that I ask you. She did a great job, now my carpet is clean, it is still ugly but clean... lol  Some day I will buy my own, I would love to have one, to keep all the carpets cleaned.  I think I am getting ready to do some  spring cleaning. It is that time of year, when we all get down with the cleaning and removing of things we can't figure out why we still hang on to it..  In my town we have a weekend of Spring clean up and every one drags their trash to the curb, I love that time of year, I go shopping you never know whose trash could end up my treasure.  Now I know that is a strange thing to do, clean out our trash and then go and find some ones else's to bring home..  But I will only bring home something I will really use... Cross my Heart........................   It is amazing what people will toss out.  Have any of you seen the HGTV show Junk Brothers, they find tossed out junk and then redo it then they take it back to them. I love that show they come up with the most  wonderful looking things...  I just thought you all would like to know that....   Soooooooooooo  that is about it for now.

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit, and leaving such sweet comments, you are all just wonderful friends.

I hope you all have a great week, So until next time; God Bless

Hugs;

Alaura

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Alaura,

It sounds like your yard is going to be beautiful! I always hope what is in my head happens with whatever I am trying to do.

I would definitely go looking through people's stuff after they clean it out and put it at the curb. What fun to find some new treasures!!!

Paula B. said...

Hah! Easy for you to say. As I was reading the post above this one, I saw a just a glimpse of the top of your bloomin' tree, and I sez to myself, "Oh how lovely - Alaura has freezing fog too...looks so much like the trees around here in Jan."

Now that I've actually seen the whole pic, I am happy for your lovely spring signs...and totally dismayed by our 6" of white stuff and record cold temperatures for March.

Can you send me a care package of warmth and sunshine, please? I pay for shipping even!