Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A SURPRISE IN MY MAIL BOX

I know this is a little late but on Monday when hubby came home he brought in the mail and he had a nice sized envelope. And he said it was for me...  ME!!!!! I said, I was so excited that I almost broke his hand grabbing it.. lol   You know how it is don't you ladies....  Any way as I stood in the kitchen just holding the small package in my hands I just gazed upon it for a bit. Hubby just did not understand what all the excitement was all about, it is just a package,,  Oh no I said it is so much more then a package...It is a lovely gift from the heart that some one took the time and energy and talent to put it together and send it out just to little ol' me. 

I had almost forgotten about the give a way I won from Debbie Booth. It is a wonderful Christmas Journal she even put in a sparkly star. She is so talented just love it.

IMG_0007 

This is how it looked when I pulled it out of the envelope such pretty pink netting with little sparkles and my cute little star.

IMG_0008 

She even made a sweet Christmas card and wrote the kindest note. The colors are just so beautiful.

IMG_0009

This shot is a little blurry sorry about that.  Now this is my first one so  I am excited to use it this Christmas, write down some of them thoughts and special things to remember , recipes  photo, or just any this that will remind me of this Christmas. I want to thank you so much for this wonderful and special gift. I am so happy that I won, I am never really lucky at winning things. So when I found out I won, the whole neighborhood heard me scream.. lol 

It has been very cold here the past few days, today we are getting some sleet and on Friday we are going to get some snow.   I am hoping that we will have a white Christmas this year, that would be great.  I am so behind in sending out my Christmas Swaps, I did send out my  Vintage Christmas Swap box this morning, so that is good.   so I have one Box left to send out, it is all done just have to do some wrapping.  Then I am going to start on my Christmas Cards, I need to get them out before the weekend is up. I don't like to send them out too late.  There is just something about going to you mail box and seeing  Christmas cards inside.  From family or dear friends.  Just to know that they thought enough of  you to take the time to pick one and send it out.  I keep all of mine from each year, I like to use them in my decorating.  So do any of you out there keep any of yours???  And if you do how do you use them????   Would love for all of you to share your story.   Ok  that is about all for now dear friend. Except  that I want to Thank You all for the visit and wonderful kind and some funny comments. you are all so special....   Oh and Connie I am so glad you did not get mad at me,,, my Younger Sister.... lol;     God Bless;

Hugs;

Alaura 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great treat! I love gettiing Christmas cards!

SmilingSally said...

I keep my Christmas cards for one year. When I address my cards, I like to go through the last year's cards and reflect back. Then, I toss 'em.

Unknown said...

Oh, That is so very cute! Enjoy your giftee and congratulations for winning a giveaway! It's so much fun! :)

Dawn Marie said...

that journal is very beautiful! I know how you feel about winning these little giveaways..its so neat.

I'm thinking of having one soon myself.

We have had 2 snowfalls already and 2 more are on the way. It looks like we not only will have a white chistmas but a cold one. the kind i remember as a child and a young mom.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What a very sweet give away prize! Debbie does fabulous things with paper and trinkets, doesn't she?
Congrats!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi Alaura...thanks for commenting on my snowmen. I got your card today! Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alaura! Oh, what a great gift! It is lovely! I'm sure you'll find just the right way to use it. Stay warm.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hello Alaura dear! How have you been? Sorry I haven't posted or visiting friends in a while... feeling a bit discouraged... I hope you're doing well! Love, Vanessa

Dawn said...

What a lovely gift package!! I'll bet you were very excited opening it up! I love Christmas cards. I save mine. I don't know why, but I just do!

I also have other people save their cards for me to use in school. The kids love them!

Still no snow for us here! I'm still waiting though.

take care,
Dawn

kari and kijsa said...

Adorable!! We love to reuse the cards as gift tags and gift wrap!

blessings,
kari & kijsa